The charity was set up to find ways in which the people of Olney can help the people of Newton in Sierra Leone - a project begun after the conflict there. Some of the events we feature will help the charity, or be arranged by it, and so this gives an overview of the work:
- Successes include money sent from Olney has enabled 80 families to rebuild their houses after the civil war.
- The Olney Newton Link provided funds to build a Skills Training Centre in the village.
- Two churches in Olney support two churches in Newton, as do many local school chidlren.
- A microcredit scheme has been set up to help a group of Market Ladies.
- The people of Olney have raised many thousands of pounds.
- The charity has projects such as the purchase of goats for breeding.