The Wildlife Trust for Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Northamptonshire and Peterborough run the Summer Leys Nature Reserve. This former gravel pit is transformed into an 'internationally important haven for breeding and wading birds' say the Trust.
- It is a fascinating place for a walk - particularly if you enjoy spotting wildlife, particularly birds and insects.
- There is a programme of events and talks at the reserve.
- Car park
- Image c Wildlife Trust
- OS Map ReferenceSP 866 633
- Hides allow viewing of birds etc, and paths are partially wheelchair accessible.
- Dogs on leads permitted.
- Hardwater Road, near Wollaston, Northamptonshire